Details of this conference are sketchy and hard to come, especially the bit on IP. The IBSA website (here) is not that helpful although there is a good overview of the organisation (especially the difference between BRIC and IBSA) here. Some suggested topics for the IP agenda then, from Afro Leo:
- Risk Management - Can Brazil host the IPL - are their IP laws up to scratch?
- Bayh Dole replications: How to get publicly funded research legislation through?
- Negotiation tips: the effectiveness of Brazil's threat of sanctions and IPR violations against the US
- The Kenyan anti-counterfeit legislation - India rallying support
- IP outsourcing demand and outsourcing outsourced work - when will India's cheap resource run out?
- Search engine optimization - getting IBSA to number one
One a slightly less flippant note, anyone with information relating to IP on the trilateral memoranda, please email it here.