Friday 11 June 2010

Darren Olivier

Henry's postcard

[Back of Postcard]

Dear Mum,

Finally, I have landed in South Africa. There were no problems with the ash cloud. I know how worried you were. I also haven't been mugged - read that article in the Telegraph if it helps - but I think I have been ambushed. It happened during this Spur advert and I have been eating their R69.95 deal (+-6 quid) ever since. I hadn't realised anyone but the sponsors were allowed to advertise during 2010. Anyway, everything is very cheap here. I bought myself an England hat that cost me 2 quid (back home it cost 20!) and I have got two Bafana Bafana souvenier shirts for Charley and Sue (saved 150 quid!). Someone told me they were fake but I don't believe them. Anway you try tell the fake from the real on the front of this postcard! And I mean the expensive ones are sold out. As expected I did catch flagitis - but managed to cure it by making a cross on my body using suntan cream. The red on white works quite nicely. Gotta go - downloaded the Vuvuzela ringtone and it's trumpeting..

Love you mum. Will write soon and please stop worrying.

Henry

[Front of postcard - Spot the Counterfeit]


Photographer John Livingstone, Street Parade outside Afro Leo's Office

Darren Olivier

Darren Olivier

Subscribe via email (you'll be added to our Google Group)

1 comments:

Write comments
Anonymous
AUTHOR
11 June 2010 at 16:01 delete

Better to buy them there than in Italy: Austrian tourist fined €1K for buying fake €7 Louis Vuitton handbag

... and the interesting thing is that the hotel the lady stayed in actually paid the fine for her.

Kind regards,

Austrotrabant

Reply
avatar