In this, the fifth in Afro-IP's series of visits to the official IP websites of African states, Kingsley Egbuonu visits Burkina Faso. A keen connoisseur of intellectual property websites, Kingsley has been finding little to satisfy his desire for online information as he works his way through the first couple of letters of the alphabet. Kingsley writes:
Burkina Faso is a contracting party to, inter alia, the African Intellectual Property Organization (OAPI) www.oapi.int, WIPO and WTO.
• The Bureau Burkinabe des Droits d'Auteur (BBDA) operates under the auspices of the Ministry of Culture, Arts and Tourism.
• This office has a website which is in French www.bbda.bf (although © is dated 2007, the site appears to be updated).
• Among other things, this website is useful for general information on copyright law and procedure in Burkina Faso; however, a few links or pages do not function.
Industrial Property OfficeYou can contact Kingsley on Twitter at @IPinAfrica
• The National Directorate of Industrial Property under the auspices of the Ministry of Trade, Promotion of Companies and Handicraft.
• There is no website for this office.