This is a report by Aminou Ndala TITA based in Cameroon on developments at OAPI:
|fancy new logo|
The Board of Directors of the African Intellectual Property Organization (OAPI) held its 54th Ordinary Session in Douala, the economic capital of its host country on 14 December 2014. This expert meeting preceded the conference of Ministers which took place from 8 to 13 December 2014. The work of the assembly this time around was to address issues related to the management of intellectual property within the Organization. On the agenda was:
- The creation of an arbitration and mediation center for intellectual property disputes at OAPI;
- The Regulation concerning the international registration of marks with OAPI heading for Madrid;
- The accession of OAPI and its member states to the Singapore Treaty on the Law of Trademarks;
- The adoption of the financial statements for the year ended 31 December 2013;
- The adoption of the budget for fiscal year 2015.