- Discussion over South Africa's Copyright Bill here, here and here;
- Tips for Protecting Street Art here;
- Yahoo's toils in Nigeria over Yahoo Yahoo! here;
- Protection, Promotion, Development and Management of Indigenous Knowledge Systems in RSA here, here and here;
- OAPI agent scandal over Madrid here;
- Software licensing - BSA's engagement with Government and RSA damages hearing;
- Commentary on Farida Shaheed's report on Copyright Policy and the Right to Science and Culture;
- OAPI's progress on the Singapore Treaty adoption here;
- Gambia's progress on the adoption of the Madrid System;
- The ASA's response to Cochrane's Google Adword complaint in RSA; and
- Case commentary in Blurred Lines and @SandtonDiscussion by Stobbs IP on Etraction here and here;
Special mention is made of the IPKat weblog, our guest bloggers and our readership, all of whom continue to support the journey into the heart of African IP as this blog continues to boast the single largest resource of searchable information on recent African IP news.
2015 also had its dose of sad news too with the retirement of Prof Jeremy Phillips both celebrated (with and for him) and mourned. No doubt he is enjoying his new endeavours and a much deserved break from IP with his family
We are always looking for good content and bloggers and guest posts. If you feel that you want an outlet for your talents or views or just want to alert us to something, please contact us here for further information.
The Afro-IP blogging team