In just over a week INTA comes to Africa's Cape Town to run a two day conference entitled "Building Africa With Brands". The full program can be obtained here and Afro Leo understands that there are still a few places left, so sign up! (see "5 Reasons Why You Need To Be At INTA's Building Africa With Brands Conference 1-2 September Cape Town)". This blog supports the event and will be there to cover it.
"The Building Africa with Brands Conference will give you the unique opportunity to meet with African and international brand owners, government officials, and legal experts from around the world, who recognize the importance of the African market to their businesses.
The Conference will provide attendees with unique access to brand owners and provide the perfect setting for an exchange of ideas, opinions, expertise, and best practices on important issues facing those doing business in Africa. Hear firsthand from those who have successfully transformed African brands into global brands, as well as the lessons that multinational companies have learned from doing business in Africa.
- Brand creation, protection, and enforcement strategies in developing economies
- The importance of IP in economic growth and foreign investment in the region
- Challenges and opportunities in Africa from a brand owner’s point of view
- Developing and implementing the right IP strategy for your company
- Traditional knowledge, legacy rights, geographical indications
- Get tools and tips on building your brand in Africa
- Learn how to add the value of your IP to your balance sheet
- Better navigate the regulatory landscape
- Hear from experts about growing a brand across borders
- Learn from experts about digital marketing and how Africa has embraced a mobile world
- And much more!