Thursday 14 February 2008

Darren Olivier

Flying Goats

On a recent flight between Johannesburg and London I was offered a glass of wine with my meal which I gratefully accepted. I was then handed a good tasting red from a South Africa Winery called GOATS DO ROAM.


Naturally, I spent the meal pondering how to eat my meal without disrupting fellow passengers and also (as IP people can tend to do), if this increasingly cheeky red had caught the attention of the those who look after the COTES DU RHONE appellation.


I have since learnt that the French did object and was hoping that someone could point me to a decision (if there is one) or provide further comment.

Darren Olivier

Darren Olivier

Subscribe via email (you'll be added to our Google Group)

1 comments:

Write comments
Anonymous
AUTHOR
14 February 2008 at 11:12 delete

http://www.decanter.com/news/47909.html doesn't give a decision but a bit more background - I like the "some Americans might not notice the difference" comment!

Reply
avatar