- The Libyan IP office has started issuing trade mark certificates and examining pending applicatons but it is not possible to file new applications, unless perhaps you are Swiss. Saba brings us the news here.
- In Sudan, it is no longer necessary to legalise powers of attorney but they are concerned to know that your nationality has remained static during the period between application and the end of the opposition period. Saba in the mix again - here.
- Adams & Adams have published a comprehensive guide to intellectual property in Africa funded by the World Bank. Get your copy here (please indicate that its is an Afro-IP referral - no money for us but we would like to know).
- Spoor & Fisher and international firm DLA have entered into a strategic alliance - click here for more information.
- Punted as the largest ever IP gathering in Africa, Gift Sibande is a keynote speaker at an IP seminar where 50 representatives from 25 countries in Africa are being hosted by Adams & Adams, in Pretoria. More information here.